What is an Access Control System?
An access control system is a way to restrict and monitor who can gain entry to specific locations through the use of computer programs and/or standalone electronic door locks. Means of access can be: proximity readers, keys, smart cards, tokens, key fobs, keypads, telephone and even biometrics such as fingerprints, handprints and retinal identification. Remote access systems allow you to grant or revoke access at any time, to anyone, from anywhere, complete with detailed audit trails.
Whether you choose magnetic locks or a bolt mechanism, electronic locks are used for proper access control. While this allows you to avoid carrying multiple sets of keys, it also can provide so many advantages including:
- Different levels of access to particular groups for restricted areas
- Entry/Exit logs, failed attempt logs and alerts
- Shutdown for burglar alarms, open access for fire alarms
- Regularly changing entry codes
- Determine who is allowed entry or exit on the premise, where and when they are allowed entry or exit
- Perfect for any size home or business, including office buildings, industrial sites, gated communities, hotels, apartment complexes, churches, colleges and more
- Can reduce cost associated with re-keying locks and managing keys
- Can be easily integrated into your overall existing network or can be used as a stand-alone system
- Provides real-time monitoring of all access to your property
Golden Bear Lock & Safe offers a full range of access control systems. From a single door keycard access system to a large system utilizing audit trails and integration with surveillance system. Make an appointment today with our security experts. We can make a customized access control plan using the type of electronic locks that fit your needs.
Call us today at (614) 733-LOCK (5625) to schedule your appointment